Saturday, September 29, 2007

Why You NEED a Vacation!

Why You Should Take a Vacation!

Latrice here! It’s time for me to go on vacation again! I’m tired, stressed out, and I need a change of scenery. For some reason, people think that they can handle stress, but stress can cause you to lose your life! That’s right, STRESS can be a killer in our lives. That’s one of the reasons why we need to take vacations.

It has been proven that stress will increase our chances of heart disease, cancer, diabetes and numerous other fatal illnesses. Taking time out of our busy schedules to relax on a regular basis could literally save our lives. Planning short vacations is one way to make sure that we get away from work and our daily routine to help us reduce our level of stress. In other words, vacations are the ultimate STRESS KILLERS!

I have found that shorter breaks are more of a stress reducer than longer trips! Shocking huh? I enjoy being near the ocean and the sound of the waves and the smell of the salt water makes me feel like all is well in the world. I don’t think about anything else, but what I am doing at that time. Sometimes I call ahead and book a hotel room and other times, I just hit the road and get a hotel when I arrive, you know, being spontaneous.

Every six months, I am going to start marking my calendar for a three day vacation. I work for myself at home so I do not have to make arrangements with a boss or check with other people's schedules to be able to plan my time off. I will share with you some of my best vacation planning tips tomorrow. I assure you, it's worth your time to come back! Until then, check out www.discountedtravel.info, get some vacation ideas, and book your own stress killing trip. You need one! Until next time, Bye!

- Latrice
Certified Travel Enthusiast
www.discountedtravel.info

No comments: